Web Development FAQ
Questions and answers for the platform Falcon Space.
Yes, to support and develop your solution on the platform, you only need to know SQL (business logic and data access) and Bootstrap (markup). Both technologies are widespread. Documentation for the system is available on the website
Документация Falcon Space
We have collected the most important points on usability in a single guide that will allow you to make your first impression of the main platform tools that increase the user experience of the site.
The platform allows you to quickly create personal accounts and subsystems. And of course this restricts the basic elements.
Main limitations of the external interface:
- The main menu is located on the left (but you can also create a horizontal menu).
- The composition and order of the icon functions on the top panel: notifications, messages (you can add your own icons before searching).
- Localization switch (2 buttons in the service menu submenu).
- Two levels of enclosure of the main menu.
- The menu in smartphones is located on the right side.
Most restrictions can be circumvented using additional JS or CSS (but it is better not to get carried away with this, because it increases the complexity of support)
You can implement almost any landing page.
The easiest way is to make a separate design and layout of the landing page on Bootstrap 4, and then it will be quite easy to integrate it into the platform itself.
As a result, the landing page will contain only the landing page styles, without mixing with the platform styles.
There can be any number of landing pages in the system. It is possible to connect the platform features to them and generate content on the landing page from the database.
Examples of landings can be seen on https://demo.web-automation.ru
We do not set the task of making a demo with all possible functions that will close for user any task in the future. Such solutions are difficult, slow, and difficult to master.
By the way, no matter how complex and sophisticated the solution, each project still has its own unique needs.
Each of our solutions contains basic elements that are the framework for the solution. All further improvements and the addition of capabilities are already taking place within the framework of the client project.
This makes it possible to quickly start a platform with initial functionality, but at the same time leaves the opportunity to develop your product almost unorganized.
There is no subscription fee, and also there are no additional fees for updates.
System support is based on a specific scope of work.
All works are detailed, estimates are made on them and the next stage of refinements is started (via a supplementary treaty to the contract).
If no work is required during the current period, there are no payments.
Platform update, problem resolution is determined by the work list for the stage.
Our platform is designed to adapt to the client. You take a ready-made basic solution and adapt it to your needs.
What kind of improvements can be made:
- Creating new pages with tables, forms, dashboards, etc.
- Creating new accounts and roles
- Introducing new pages with content
- Changing the catalog - layout of elements, filters, and categories.
- Adding new directories.
- Creating an API for incoming and outgoing requests and integrating with external systems.
The easiest way is to describe what you need.
- Define a list of personal accounts (for example, the operator's cabinet, the customer's cabinet, and an unauthorized area).
- Define a list of features for each role.
- Define all necessary integrations with the outside world (for example, zapier, etc.)
Send us this document and we will be able to give you an understanding of how we can solve your problem on the basis of the Falcon Space platform
Start by creating a project concept.
Describe it in your own words:
- who do you make your decision for?
- what task does it solve for the consumer?
- what are the key features and characteristics of the solution?
Contact us at the contacts listed at the top of the site - we can give feedback on your description and initial assessment of the project for creating your solution.
For more information about how we work, look here - working on a project.
We have compiled a large comparison table for Falcon Space with other types of solutions - < a href="/diff">Falcon Space comparison table
In short, the main differences are as follows:
- you can change and develop business logic even in a ready-made solution.
- you can make hot edits to the business logic and view directly from the developer's personal account (without having to compile or fill the code to the server via GIT).
- the development speed is much faster, because everything is built from ready-made modules with the addition of SQL code to implement business logic for the project.
- basic system support technologies: SQL-for data extraction and business logic, Bootstrap-for styling.
- it is easy to port new solutions to the platform from another solution, since any platform-based functionality is essentially an SQL package.
To create and support solutions based on the Falcon Space platform, you need to know 2 popular technologies. To manage business logic, you need to know SQL (MS SQL Server) - in fact, this is the de facto standard for manipulating data in a database. The popular Bootstrap framework is used for managing the appearance.
An experienced developer with a good knowledge of SQL and basic knowledge of HTML will be able to understand and learn how to create new functionality based on the platform and support existing solutions in 1-2 weeks.
To do this, we have extensive platform documentation . The documentation is written in English and Russian.
The system supports several localization levels. You can translate both the user account interface and the data itself.
The documentation describes in detail the methods for setting up localization, and they do not require any drastic reworking of the functionality.
You can also make sure that the database is the same for the system, and the domains will be used differently for different countries/languages.
The platform is the core that allows you to create almost any web application (CRM, platform, multi-user accounting systems).
The solution is a platform-based implementation of a specific site tailored to a specific task (for example, an auction of performers).
The solution can also take advantage of any platform features and evolve in terms of business logic and appearance.
All platform features can be viewed here - Features of the Falcon Space platform
the System is designed in such a way that you can independently add features to your project - make new integrations with external systems, create new business logic, new forms, tables, pages, etc.
The general procedure for working on a project is described here .
Our approach to creating technical specifications is described in this article . p >
It also contains a template for our design document.
In short, we have a responsive site with PWA technology, which allows you to run the site as an application on the phone from the icon on the phone screen.
The platform does not have separate native applications, and we are not engaged in the development of such applications. However, it is possible to "cross" the platform with an external mobile application through the universal API.
It all depends on the specific project. Someone in the database has 1000 rows in the largest table, while others may have millions of rows.
It is important to understand the overall structure of possible costs.
For cost details, see this article on lowering the cost of ownership .
We do not promote projects. We are focused on providing the project with everything you need.
We have prepared a large series of articles for a better understanding of the issue of the formation of the project and its further promotion on the network.
Users are grouped by role. A role is a set of specific rights in the system.
The personal account menu is determined by the set of user roles
Pages and components have Roles fields, where you can list the roles that have access to the object, separated by commas.
More subtle access can be configured through SQL (@username is passed to almost every stored procedure, by which you can organize data access checks).
You can use either the universal import-export mechanism through Excel or through the API, and adapting it to your specific needs.
In the case of Excel, the system produces a certain export template, which you fill in with data and upload to the system according to the business logic that will be prescribed for this import.
In the case of the API, you can programmatically transmit data over the HTTPS Protocol in XML or JSON format from another system.
In this article we analyze the load on the catalog.
In general, all performance is determined by SQL queries written for the project and server capacity.
The system itself creates almost no additional costs or performance problems.
The update is a publish project ASP.NET MVC.
To perform the update, unpack the update archive to the application folder.
Database sychronization is performed by a separate process in semi-manual mode (for example, in Management Studio).
The Falcon Space platform supports the current versions of the main popular browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Yandex.Browser, Safari.
We do not support Internet Explorer (IE). The reasons are described in these articles:
The platform does not contact a certain Center to check the license.
You can use the system locally on your network without internet access.
The main condition of the program is the availability of an instance of the SQL Server database for the application (i.e. it must also be located on the local network).
The whole job of the developer is to write the code of MS SQL stored procedures in a certain format.
The platform parses the response from MS SQL according to a specific protocol and performs the actions required by the developer.
In fact, only the platform itself has server code, and it is stable (rarely changed).
In a business application, all the code is written in MS SQL, and it can often change. Due to this, the stability of the server code is achieved and the localization of possible problems is simplified (usually this is some code in a stored procedure).
To do this, select an Empty template, and in the page field you can insert your entire HTML (with html, body, head tags).
Thus, you can implement any landing page.
The system uses bootstrap for layout, so to simplify support in external markup elements, it would also be good to use Bootstrap.
Yes, new pages are being created with the code for the URL.
There are a few reserved words (about 5), otherwise there are no restrictions on the address.
Each page has its own HTML markup, CSS and JS blocks, as well as its own stored procedure for setting additional parameters.
You can create your own JS components and place them either globally or on specific pages.
You can place the code either in a separate JS file, or place the code directly on the station (but in a special block).
The internal Request JS mechanism is used to access the database. It collects certain data in the form of parameters, sends a request and processes the response from the server.
A special stored procedure (prepared in advance) is called on the server, which implements a certain business logic.
We are constantly updating the set of integrations with other systems.
The platform has a universal API that allows you to programmatically access the platform from the outside, as well as make almost any requests from the platform to external systems.
The API is based on HTTML GET or POST requests. Data transfer formats-XML, JSON.
There is also integration with Zapier (a service for integrating multiple applications).
Learn more about the API - https://falcon.web-automation.ru/docs/falcon-space--sozdanie-servisa-api
If you know SQL, you can quickly learn how to support your own solution.
Full project documentation is available here - Falcon Space technical documentation
In the Manual section of the documentation, we publish various cases on how to implement a particular functionality on the platform.
You can also see various solutions in the Demo stand. this will also give you an understanding of what elements can be implemented on the platform.
We use External Actions for this. These are special SELECT in stored procedures that are controlled by calling those operations that cannot be performed in SQL.
These are sending data to external systems, encryption, working with files, archiving, working with users, calling an API method, etc.
In the key procedures of the components, the platform expects to be able to use External Actions (Saving a form, an Operation in a table, Updating a field in a table, etc.)
To do this, we use a universal API mechanism.
There is an outgoing API (we send requests from the platform), there is an incoming API (methods accessed by external systems).
The API is based on HTTPS Get/Post requests in XML, JSON format.
The entire business logic of API methods is written in stored procedures.
To create and support solutions, you need to know the following technologies:
- MS SQL Server at the level of writing stored procedures. 80% of the developer's time is spent changing stored procedures. All stored procedures are designed according to a template (never created from scratch).
- Bootstrap for layout. Bootstrap is used to customize the appearance. You can output the form in the standard "Name - field" form, or you can create your own custom markup for beautiful and complex forms. Bootstrap is only needed in terms of knowledge of special CSS classes for visualization at the most basic level.
For deeper customization, you need to know:
- JS (JSON, jQuery) - this will allow you to do more complex customization of the logic of the pages.
- JSON, XML - for processing structured data for API services.
- CSS - for deeper customization of the appearance (but in most cases there are enough standard Bootstrap classes)
Yes, you can create your own solutions based on the platform, we help to study the platform, and also advise on the nuances of use.
You can describe the problem on the forum, or contact the general whatsapp on the site.
Please specify the relevant details: URL, screen, user, entity ID (for example, order), playback steps, what exactly is the discrepancy of the result.
For the developer, the platform provides the following advantages:
- acceleration of development. For example, it takes much less time to create a basic table with editing, adding, deleting and filters than in the case of full-fledged development.
- reduction of the development cost. Development is almost always the cost of developer hours spent. The platform reduces these costs due to a narrow stack.
- reducing the number of errors. The smaller the customization in the project, the faster and more smoothly the functionality is created. If errors occur, then it is almost 100% somewhere in a specific SQL procedure (i.e. localization of the error occurs fairly quickly).
- ready-made features out of the box. Universal API, Telegram bot, file uploads, List directories - they can be quickly created by configuring several components and writing relatively template code in SQL procedures.
You can learn more about the advantages of the platform from the article History of creation of the Falcon Space web platform
You can watch the video on our Web-Automation channel in the FalconStart playlist.
We also have an internal course where you can try to create various functionality based on the platform in practice.